Friday 3 January 2014

a new year

New Year was a wondrous affair. We travelled to Guisborough in North Yorkshire to visit with friends. Just two days with these special people and I feel relaxed and full (of food as much add anything else!). We brought the new year in with bucks fizz and Jools Hollands Hootanany which was especially good this year with The Lumineers and The Proclaimers live! Pyjamas were on, relaxation in progress. Very sedate. But nothing beats good food and good company to bring in what I believe will be a fabulous new year.


The beau and I minutes before 2014. 


And here we are inside 2014... So far I've made plans with our wonderful friends to hit the Good Food Show in Harrogate in April, taught a friend to crochet and joined the Crochet Mood Project 2014. The project is something I'm especially excited about. If you don't know about this and you're here due to your love of crochet (and not my ramblings - understandable) then you should really try this out.


Thanks to mummy_Stacey on instagram an idea was born. Either crochet a granny square or a row etc everyday or every week for a year. I've gone for the 52 squares as I know I won't be able to stick to the 365! There's now a group on Facebook, on Ravelry etc that is full of like minded people, all of which hope to have their life immortalised in yarn for one year. Having joined on New Years Day, I've found all groups to be so welcoming and helpful but most of all, excited. Everyone is so happy to start this! I'm also hoping to make some new friends whose passion for crochet rivals mine! What wonderfulness to start a new year.

The colours I'm starting with for my first square of the year will be muted. Rustic, earthy tones to symbolise serenity and peace. I was inspired by the colours of the countryside while traveling back from our friends yesterday. Each time a square is done, I'll put it in a short and sweet blog post! My current favorite pattern is that of the African flower, but I'm sure that may change over time.


Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!