Sunday 2 March 2014

and that was February

Oh time seems to be flying by. February seemed to be so much busier than planned! What did we achieve in February? A weekend away, a decision to buy a house (and we put in bids, but no joy as yet), Beau's birthday, a decision on producing our own little acorns, and a bit of a crochet block - but this comes and goes.

So first I'll start on our weekend away, such loveliness.

On Valentines day, we travelled to the lake district. Beau had bought us a weekend away for my birthday. Lowthwaite B&B where we like to stay is just lovely and Tine who runs the b&b makes the most amazing food. I was so excited to visit. Our drive was relatively uneventful but foggy and I spent a lot of the journey with my eyes shut. Needless to say, I wasn't driving!

On that first evening, Tine made us delicious venison stew, and followed it up with something that I can only say was divine. Almond meringue with blueberries and blackberries. (I attempted to make a version for Beau's birthday but I think we can safely say it was a disaster) Tine bought out the entire meringue, plate sized, and beau and I proceeded to polish it off while chatting over the space of an hour. We rolled to bed that night.

Saturday was a bit of a wash out, and although we went out to Ambleside for a gorgeous meal that night (and mistakingly parked by phone for 180 hours), not much else of interest happened - just a lot of relaxing, chocolate eating (courtesy of Valentine's day) and watching of the Olympics.

On Sunday, we travelled back to Ambleside, and after a small amount of shopping - to top up Beau's wardrobe after he's lost so much weight recently - we proceeded to walk from Ambleside to Grassmere. The weather was lovely and some of the views were breathtaking.



You forget how wonderful the lakes can be. In Grasmere, we had a while to wait a for the bus back to Ambleside and hence a found a yarn shop (oh it just appeared out of nowhere!) called Herdy. Beautiful bright colours in chunky wool. Have no idea what to do with the yarn as yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something!
The journey home on Monday was bittersweet. It was such a lovely time, I can't wait for us to go back. 

Beau's birthday was last week. For his birthday I took him to a new restaurant in Newcastle. Kenny Atkinson who I first saw on TV in Great British Menu has opened House of Tides and I was so excited to go. The meal was truly outstanding, expensive, but gorgeous. I've also organised for us to have a weekend away in September in a yurt in Northumberland. Oh joyousness!

As for crochet, oh I'm so behind with crochetmoodblanket2014! I should have made notes but I think I'll get back on it this week as long as mad march doesn't turn out like February! 

This week - a visit with my mother, a meal out with friends, and another visit from the financial advisor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!