Saturday 4 January 2014

Christmas is over, and springtime blooms

Today has been very gentle. Beau has been working most of the day, and interspersed between cleaning and cooking, I've been putting some more time into crochet! Like that's new!

After the initial flurry of excitement of #crochetmoodblanket2014, I've turned my creative juices elsewhere. Specifically towards making a spring time crochet wreath. I've been reading Lucy from Attic24 for a long time now. Pretty much as soon as I started crocheting. She has made many wreaths, mostly seasonal and I love the colourful, intricate, retro-ness (is that a word?!) of them. I'm usually quite contemporary when it comes to house decor but crochet is making me crave a more homely, cosy abode.

Lucy has some lovely tutorials on her website. This one on daffodils has especially caught my eye:

My attempts at daffodils and even leaves (courtesy of issue 8 in Simply Crochet), has been slow but I'm hopeful it will look just a smidgeon as good as Lucy's!
Oh additionally, I finished my cardigan today! Photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!