Saturday 18 January 2014

show me the money

The last few days have been very good. Got a pay rise from work which becomes effective next month. I read somewhere that men believe they are worth what they earn, women believe they are lucky. I always feel I'm lucky! Beau and I are still living in rented accommodation. I'd really like to buy our own house at some point (this year or next), but money is something we need to sort out, so a pay rise is very welcome at this point!

Tonight, the girls and I are out for a meal. I'm uber excited as it means I get to dress up, have drinks and good times with the girls. Beau is off to watch the football in the rain. More fool him! I've been shopping during the week, to try and find something nice to wear for this evening. It's frivolous as I'm trying to lose weight at the moment and I'd like to think anything I bought wouldn't fit me in a few weeks anyway! As it is I haven't been able to find anything I like. I do have a back up dress which is lovely in itself. So all good really. So yes, good days.

On a different note, I think I've become obsessed with weight loss programs. Frankly, anything with Jessie Pavelka  in. I find it all very  inspirational. As mentioned, I am trying to lose weight. I'm not huge (13s12 @5ft5), but I'm aware this may be having an impact on my ability to conceive. So the immediate plan is to lose a stone and a half. Watching a bit of fit Jessie is hardly difficult, especially when he talks so much sense!

On crochet. I visited my best friend last weekend and I wore the lovely crochet cardigan that I finally finished. She loved it, and more specifically loved the colour. Hence, I'm now in the process of making a cowl for her using stashed yarn from the cardigan. It's taking a lot longer than I expected. But how can you not enjoy lovely Saturday mornings with crochet on your lap?



Ahhh tea's ready... Speaking of which. Found a lovely new tea shop in town during the week. Treated myself to a white tea cocktail. Delicious. I'll be going back here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!