Friday 10 January 2014

red, orange and purply-pink with crochet block

I've struggled a little this week. Officially week 2 on #crochetmoodblanket2014 and I think I have crochet block. My first granny square focused on the African flower pattern, now here is a decision, do I stick to this or do I divert? I think I've decided on colours, so that's one decision down! I love the idea of a koru pattern at some point, and perhaps snow flakes, and flowers - oh the choice! I do love seeing everyone's squares on Facebook, and the stories behind the patterns and the colours make me smile.

Life this week has returned to some kind of wonderful crazy. I moved roles in my job in October. I really wasn't happy in my previous role. I only realised how much when I left. Now I'm infinitely busier but there's a schedule and needs and deadlines, and I've realized I need that sort of structure in my life. I actually look forward to work!

So beside the craziness, beau and I have had a lovely week being all cosy and full of laughing. There's not a lot going on socially for us in January, and I specifically struggle with that as I like having something to look forward to. But we have a holiday to France in summer and a weekend in Amsterdam and oh I'm very lucky really. It's just January can be so dull after the anticipation of Christmas! And also (whispers) my 36th birthday is at the end of the month. Gah I'm old! Truly, truly where does time fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!