Sunday 12 January 2014

perhaps I have my mojo back!

So I finally have a photo of my gorgeous cardigan/shrug. I haven't actually worn it outside the house yet as I only sorted out all the yarn ends this morning. I think I may venture outside in it today as I go for lunch at a friends. The main colour is 'Haystack' from the Sirdar Supersoft Aran range. The other colours (navy, grey and burgundy) are from the same range. I followed the pattern from Issue 11 of the Simply Crochet magazine. It's called a Checkmate Shrug and is also on Ravelry I believe. The design is by Kyoko Nakayoshi, and although may look difficult, I would say someone who had been crocheting for just a few months could do it (like me!).


Still with crochet in mind, I have also finished this weeks #crochetmoodblanket2014 granny square. I struggled this week. I guess if you do a daily square is likely easy to sum up how you feel in one day, but over the course of a week? Hmmm. As it is, I've been feeling the love from beau this week and I've really loved the bright blue skies with glittering frost, and I like feeding that into the blanket somehow too. But overall, I've been feeling a little apathetic this week. I'm sure it's just the January blues, but that is symbolised by the grey. I haven't started joining as yet, I'm thinking I may make the join look very obvious and rustic. Likely any join I do won't look perfect anyway! So anyway, without further ado, here is week two!



I just love the heart in the middle. It's makes smile. The pattern is not mine, but can be found here.

And now? I have a Darth Vader hat I need to finish, and a bobble scarf I'm going to do with left over haystack. And here I was thinking my crochet block was in full force!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!