Saturday 30 November 2013

relaxation is here

From a work point of view this week has been insane. I find relaxation is becoming more difficult to achieve. All my thoughts last night, even after leaving work at a reasonable time, were mostly on things that still need doing. Only now, at almost 9 in the morning on a Saturday, am I starting to feel calm. Candles are burning, Christmas spirit starting to twinkle, the thought of new crochet projects and lovely soft yarn filling my thoughts. I love this time of year.



Last night, the beau and I took his parents food shopping. It's a strange dynamic as my parents in law had him late in life and so they remind me more of grandparents. My father in law (who is 80) had a stroke about 3 weeks ago. He finally got out of hospital on Tuesday. The difference in those three weeks is quite startling. He's talking fine now, walking fine. In fact if you didn't know he'd had a stroke, you would never know. There are no remaining physical manifestations. It's lovely to see him doing so well so soon.

Crochet update

In my crochet world, I am working on two special projects. All for Christmas of course. The first is a scarf for my mother in law. Using a vibrantly coloured autumnal yarn with a hint of sparkle running through it. The yarn is Moonlight Sonata It's not the easiest of yarns to crochet, pulling out mistakes trends to break the fine tinsle running through it. However it's very reasonably priced and is looking especially lovely as I work it up into a "Maureen's Scarf" pattern. I'll post pictures when it is completed. Hopefully only a couple of days!


The second project as a secret one for my beau. I'm using the most wonderfully coloured yarn. Very wintery and manly! I will post pictures of the final item but for now I'm keeping it under wraps in case he reads this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!