Thursday 5 December 2013

anticipation

So following on from the last blog update, mum had the all clear from the lump in her breast but unfortunately has had not so positive news regarding her smear. It looks increasingly likely she may have to have a hysterectomy. She seems to be taking it reasonably well though. She'll hear more within the next week or so. Still keeping fingers crossed.

On a more positive note. Today I left work and will not return until Tuesday. Why? My lovely beau has planned an early Christmas surprise. A long weekend somewhere. I have no idea where. I'm so excited. He has plans for us all day tomorrow; little trips before we'd get to our final destination and I'm such a child sometimes I think I love the anticipation more than the actual! I'm looking forward to taking a little time out this weekend as I feel like beau and I have sometimes passed like ships in the night recently. I'm also really lacking Christmas spirit. Apart from presents for beau I've bought next to no presents for anyone else. Part of me I think is still in a little shock that summer has passed! It seems to have lasted so long this year.

So yes, excitement builds.

Last night, the university girls and I went to a local tea room which holds wonderful craft workshops in the evenings. I do declare I made a lined Christmas stocking! Oh we were rubbish. But it was such good fun. We were chatting too much to pay proper attention to the instructions, hence a need to unpick numerous seams and a few slaps of the hand. We were supposed to be done by 9pm but finally left at 10pm. Thankfully our course teacher didn't seem to mind too much. I keep looking at the stocking. It might, in the new year, encourage me to get my own sewing machine out again (it's the threading of the cotton that puts me off), then again it might not - bloody crochet it's still the craft for me I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!