Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas spirit

I'm really struggling with Christmas spirit this year. I think it may have something to do with the exceptionally good summer we have had. Plus it's still very mild, I'm not really even dusting off my winter coat yet. I'm hopeful as time passes, the excitement will build and I'll be back to feeling like a kid again by Christmas Eve!

We decorated the house last Monday. The tree especially looks very... interesting. We have a large amount of psychedelic colours on our tree. There is no theme, just gifts. I do love it, but I will admit sometimes I do think it looks like a 5 year old decorated it! I'm especially proud of the stocking hanging up this year. I made it a few weeks ago, during a sewing workshop. I love it.


As I'm almost done with the ridiculous about of wrapping of presents, I've started crocheting for me again. I've done a huge about of crochet recently but all of it has been for someone else. Presents etc. This one in really looking forward to seeing it coming to life. I've chosen the Shetland Shrug pattern out of the Simply Crochet magazine issue 11. I love both Simply Crochet and Inside Crochet magazines and have subscriptions to both.
The pattern is lovely and modern. I've chosen aran yarn also to make sure the gauge shouldn't be too far off, but instead I've chosen a lovely mustard colour (otherwise known as haystack), it's by Sirdar and I think I'll match it to a pale grey.



It's obviously very early days, but I'm looking forward to wearing such a great colour.

The hat for beau is complete but I'm very behind on the scarf. Beau is always around! I'll have to send him shopping or something equally suspicious to him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!