Sunday 1 December 2013

full of vintage happy

Today has been a good day. A few weeks ago there was an offer for afternoon tea on Living Social. The offer was at a local, newly opened, vintage tea shop. I bought one of the vouchers and decided to invite my best friend J as it has been a while since we've caught up, and cake is as good as an excuse as any other!

                           

Afternoon tea at The Vintage Powder Room was delicious and it was so nice to catch up. We talked about everything and it was lovely to just relax and chat. It made me even feel slightly festive!

What with it getting colder and few shops being open it was so quiet and relaxing walking up and down the streets after we'd stuffed our faces. I ended up in a charity shop and bought some old CDs for the car, for when I get sick of the radio (Norah Jones, Coldplay and a folksong compilation specifically). It was pennies. I also bought a lovely serving dish which is in the shape of a Koru (Maori fern), which is significant for the beau and I as we got engaged in New Zealand and we have Koru's on our wedding rings.

Finally, J and I discover this old fashioned sweet shop. They have these gorgeous boxes inside which have different sweets from the different decades. I ended up splashing out buying my brother sweets from the 80's and my university friends sweets from the 70's (I guess this gives some indication of my age!). J was very excited as this means one is for her.

I should be putting up the Christmas tree tonight but I don't know if I have the inclination. Instead I fancy a bit more crochet, candles and cosying with the beau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!