Thursday 26 December 2013

small miracles

Whether I realised it or not, I've probably been quite stressed thinking about spending Christmas with my parents (yes, both mother and father) for the first time since I was 6. My parents are not fans of each other. Well, my dad is very apathetic about my mum, but I'm sure there's active hate on the side of my mother. It's been constant drama in my life for years. 

Regardless, Christmas was very civil. My beau has organised tickets to see my favorite band (elbow) and a trip to Amsterdam to see Jools Holland band. He is so thoughtful and just generally gorgeous. Christmas with warring parents is worth it when I have him in my life.

In general, my family fed my love of crochet as presents this year. Dad bought me Tunisian crochet hooks. I'm looking forward to learning on that one as I like the idea of making fair isle clothing. Mum bought me a wool basket and some very lovely and practical house stuff like duvet sets and pillows.



I still didn't really get any Christmas spirit. Perhaps a sign that I need babies! It didn't help working right until the end of Christmas Eve. Won't be making that mistake again. Still, I'm grateful for the love in my life, my health, my friends, my family. And the small miracles that I see everyday.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!