Thursday 12 December 2013

belated thanks

Finally completed work last Thursday with a huge smile on my face. I had a delightful long weekend ahead of me and no idea what was going to happen. 

Beau and I had a shaky start to our long weekend on Friday, when I had to deal with yet more estate agents to try and rent my flat out. I would love to sell my old place but it's just financially not viable yet. Regardless, once we were done we headed to one of our favorite cafes for breakfast while beau teased me regarding my surprise weekend away.


At about midday, we pack up the car and head out. It takes me all of 10 mins to realise we're heading north and my first thought shouts 'Kielder!'. I'm blatantly wrong. An hour and a half later and we drive over the Scottish border. We arrive at our destination late, in pitch black and apparently in the middle of a field. In the light this is what our gorgeous accommodation looked like. 

Surprisingly spacious, Indian themed, a Romany caravan. With a view of this:



Our weekend was so relaxing. I managed lots of crocheting and finally finished my black hole cowl for a friend's Christmas gift. I ended up using very reasonably priced yarn, it has given a lovely texture and I'm absolutely in love with it. Shame it's a gift! 

With the weekend coming to a close, I started to reflect where we are at this point in our lives. We're so lucky but we forget it sometimes. Here's hoping the new year means our greatest desire are realised. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!